Flying into the Faro airport is easiest.
We recommend renting a car directly at the airport.
From Faro airport to Vinha Velha...
By car Vinha Velha GPS coordinates: N37°8'26.2536" W8°48'13.5144"
- Follow the Blue sign —> A 22 direction Portimão. At the end of the A 22 take the second exit at the roundabout to the village Bensafrim. Drive straight through the village. At the end of the village, turn right and follow the sign 'Barao de Sao Joao.'
- Drive all the way to Barao de São João.
- In Barao de São João turn left at the church, then immediately right (towards ‘Sagres’). To the right is a red sign reading 'correios'). After a few meters take another right and follow sign 'Mata Nacional.' The twisty, narrow road takes you straight up the hill towards a lookout point. Take the dirt road into 'Mata Nacional' and follow the dirt road until you see a white sign with black letters saying 'Vinha Velha.' Turn left. Keep on following the colourful hand made sign labeled Vinha Velha.
WITH PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Take the bus from Faro airport to Faro train station.
- Take the train to 'Lagos'. It's a beautiful ride along the Coast. Exit at 'Lagos' train station.
- There is a bus from Lagos to Barao de São João but it takes a long time and runs very irregularly. That's why we advise taking a taxi to Barao de São João (15-20 Euros).
- If agreed beforehand we can arrange a pick up for you from Barao and bring you straight to Vinha Velha.
WITH THE SHUTTLE BUS
Takes you directly from Faro airport to the Barao de São João. Costs 25 Euros per person. If agreed beforehand we can arrange a pick up for you from Barao de São João and bring you directly to Vinha Velha!.
- Book ahead of time: https://www.shuttledirect.com/
Contact: Vinha Velha
8600-028 Barao de Sao Joao
Clara Kegel: firstname.lastname@example.org
tax number: 501571574